This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- 9/11 First Responders bill was signed into law!
- Arnold's Epilogue: Return to California, Make it green.
- Chuck Berry says he's feeling fine after collapsing at a gig.
- The same can not be said for David Arquette who checked into rehab after LA NYE partying.
- New traffic signal to be inaugurated Monday at a busy Reseda Boulevard/CSUN intersection.
- Mountain bikers still banned on many L.A. trails.
- LAFD rescued a woman from her mud-engulfed car near Mount Washington.
- The White House loses a quarter of its real estate value; now worth a measly $253.1 million.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.