LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Santa Monica pleads for a less risky bike path.
- Shhhh! Secret Headquarters is the bookstore of the week.
- Headline of the day, from the Pasadena Star-News: “Hatchet-wielding, pink-clad Darth Vader bank robbery suspect arrested in Rowland Heights.”
- You probably have your own way to ring in the New Year...see what some of the traditions are for celebrating from around the world.
- Forget about dining out tonight. GrubStreet LA has some great picks for where to eat on New Year’s Day.
- Tonight we say goodbye to a decade. For fun, check out http://www.urlesque.com/2010/12/31/old-official-movie-sites-titanic-air-bud-event-horizon/these too-old-for the aughts “hilariously old official movie sites.”
- And, lastly, on behalf of all the Editors, volunteer section editors, volunteer staff writers, volunteer contributors, volunteer guest writers, and volunteer photographers, LAist wishes you and yours a happy, healthy, prosperous, and all-around fantastic New Year. Here’s to a great 2011 in Los Angeles!
LAist Associate Editor Callie Miller contributed to this post