This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- 2 lobster fishermen swam to shore at Newport Beach today after their boat capsized.
- Governor-elect Jerry Brown says he wants to wait until next month to talk about possible tax hikes in California.
- 3,847 pounds of beef jerky from a South El Monte company has been recalled, thanks to concerns about an undisclosed allergen.
- Congrats to the Huntington Beach sex toy company who are up for an adult industry award.
- Detectives have solved the 1974 murder of a disabled Pomona woman.
- Squid Ink is making some predictions for the Top 10 Food Trends of 2011.
- Find out what LA Times readers said were their Dream Vacation ideas. Any sound good to you?