LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- 2 lobster fishermen swam to shore at Newport Beach today after their boat capsized.
- Governor-elect Jerry Brown says he wants to wait until next month to talk about possible tax hikes in California.
- 3,847 pounds of beef jerky from a South El Monte company has been recalled, thanks to concerns about an undisclosed allergen.
- Congrats to the Huntington Beach sex toy company who are up for an adult industry award.
- Detectives have solved the 1974 murder of a disabled Pomona woman.
- Squid Ink is making some predictions for the Top 10 Food Trends of 2011.
- Find out what LA Times readers said were their Dream Vacation ideas. Any sound good to you?