This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Homes of the future may actually be more like garageless communes.
- A Chino woman rescued from her car in 10 feet of floodwater has died.
- DUI charges are pending for a wrong-way driver in Burbank.
- The Venice Penguin Club announced their 51st annual New Year’s Day swim.
- Stimulus plus irony equals 3/4 of LA's $630 million yet unspent.
- Iconic Olympic documentarian Bud Greenspan dies at 84.
- Meet Studio City's Christmastime UFO.