LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- RIP Jacob Maarse, Pasadena's premiere floral designer.
- New restaurant Red Medicine unceremoniously outs and kicks out the LA Times' veteran critic S. Irene Virbila and the Times' Daily Dish responds.
- Grinch-mastime tales: Christmas gift robberies in Long Beach and Hawthorne.
- Congrats to KCET's program "SoCal Connected" for being honored with an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award.
- The Betty Ford staffer who gave an interview about Lindsay Lohan and the alleged battery incident has lost her job.
- "Average San Fernando Valley residents are smarter than they were a decade ago, but they're also spending more of their paychecks on mortgages and speaking less English at home," said the Daily News.
- Worried about watching your waistline over the holidays? WeHo Patch offers some eating tips.