This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- RIP Jacob Maarse, Pasadena's premiere floral designer.
- New restaurant Red Medicine unceremoniously outs and kicks out the LA Times' veteran critic S. Irene Virbila and the Times' Daily Dish responds.
- Grinch-mastime tales: Christmas gift robberies in Long Beach and Hawthorne.
- Congrats to KCET's program "SoCal Connected" for being honored with an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award.
- The Betty Ford staffer who gave an interview about Lindsay Lohan and the alleged battery incident has lost her job.
- "Average San Fernando Valley residents are smarter than they were a decade ago, but they're also spending more of their paychecks on mortgages and speaking less English at home," said the Daily News.
- Worried about watching your waistline over the holidays? WeHo Patch offers some eating tips.