LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Tavis Smiley is done with KCET and is moving his show to WNET in NY.
- The Census data is out, so what do the numbers reveal about our population and congressional districts?
- Jerry Brown is getting rid of the Inspector General's job, which mean’s LA’s Laura Chick is about to be out of work.
- Travelin' Local has tips for 10 useful things you can do while you're riding the bus.
- When it comes to these mighty, mighty rainstorms, the LA County Department of Public Health says "Just be ready."
- Our local CBS affiliate, Channel 2, says one of their broadcasters, the late Bill Keene, first came up with the term "Pineapple Express" to describe a series of storms coming from Hawaii.