This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- 211 guns were turned into groceries. AK-47, you are now a tomato.
- Mammoth and Lake Tahoe get backcountry avalanche warnings.
- Intensifying rain causes street closures, possible rescues, and concern for houses.
- Honda is asking to see your Passport with a recall of '98-'02 SUVs.
- Soaking your feet in booze will not get you drunk, scientists conclude.
- Take an Apartment Therapy house tour without leaving your own.
- Help Venice catch bicycle thieves by following these three simple steps.