This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Go to Burbank Ikea, hack a $3 ipad stand.
- Is Boyle Heights the next design frontier?
- Gas prices are at their highest since 2008. Let's walk our way into the New Year, shall we?
- It's getting harder to transfer to UCLA. Join community college clubs accordingly.
- A woman is reunited with a boy she rescued from a river thirty years ago.
- Crews finally got started cleaning up the mud & rock-filled sidewalk in Echo Park today.
- Many in L.A. are on TRON over-drive. For you, we ask: have you seen the LEGO version?
- Finally: as you contemplate the impending New Year, consider the Blue Sunset on Mars.