This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A former Pinecrest School employee pleaded guilty to charges of possessing child pornography.
- Madison Square Garden could soon own LA's Forum. A big move for the NYC company!
- Smash-and-grab seems to be the new preferred method for jewelry store robberies in the area.
- Pain at the pump is back: Gas prices in the region are back to where they were two years ago. Ouch.
- LAPD Chief Charlie Beck says they're making progress on all those back-logged rape kits.
- Meet the San Clemente man who is making art out of trash with local school kids.
- Here in Malibu takes us back in time with a photographic glimpse of the Venice canals...and what used to be on the landscape.