This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Turns out California is more broke than originally thought. $3B more. Ouch.
- Please don't use your oven as a heater. It never ends well.
- It's National Influenza Vaccination Week. You know what to do.
- You might want to shuttle it to Bob Hope Airport next time you fly. Parking fees are on the rise.
- Hate the thought of LA libraries closing but don't know what to do? This Is Your Library kicks-off tomorrow night. Cool people, cool music, food trucks and a full bar. If that doesn't lure you to the library...
- The National Academy of Sciences wants to reward your 28-year wait for TRON. Go on. You know you want to win free passes to see the film.