This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Orange County's KOCE is prepping to become the region's #1 PBS station come January, when KCET goes indie.
- Compton residents have filed a civil rights suit alleging the elections system discriminates against Latinos.
- Planning to hang some holiday lights this weekend? Be safe, folks.
- RIP Sri Daya Mata, who ran the Self-Realization Fellowship for 55 years.
- Look who's growing: Santa Clarita got their first community garden today.
- When it came to who beat who in California's recent Senate race, Boxer beat Fiorina. Turns out Boxer also outspent Fiorina, too.
- Mark your calendars: You can check out the new winter cocktail menu at La Descarga starting December 9th.