This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- An Orange County Sheriff's deputy was charged today with molesting a teenage girl while on duty.
- It was the bump in his pants: Rapper Kurtis Blow was arrested today at LAX for marijuana possession.
- West Hollywood officials say there are no bedbugs in their hotels! So shush.
- Pinocchio's daring electrical equipment fire: Several Disneyland rides were temporarily shut down today after smoke was spotted in their vicinity.
- Four missing showdogs stolen as a package deal when the van they were in was swiped have all been recovered.
- Those are going to be some hefty monthly payments: 3 men have been ordered to pay $23 million in restitution for a devastating 2007 fire in Malibu that destroyed 53 homes.