This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Is the Third Street Promenade shoe shine guy losing his job because we don't dress fancy enough?
- If the L.A. SWAT team wants to get into your house they don't huff and puff, they use a water cannon.
- Venice Beach vigilantes leave a Sicilian message for a touchy car alarm that won't shut up.
- Next week On Scooby Doo: Trader Joe's & The Mystery of the Disappearing Liquor Permit.
- Los Angeles Pre-scandal Landmarks: Remembering the Nixon Freeway and the Michael Jackson Auditorium.
- Bill Clinton takes on
Mel GibsonThailand for a coveted cameo in The Hangover 2.
- Welcome to Studio City's "Stoner Sunday" Weed Report. Outlook hazy.