This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A man was killed in a potentially gang-related 11 a.m. shooting in Boyle Heights today.
- A 20-year-old Santa Monica High School grad launched Spree Daily, a deal site exclusive to Santa Monica businesses.
- Legal options are dwindling forBurbank residents incensed over Porto's Bakery patrons parking in front of homes when they stop in for a Cubano sandwich and baked goods to go.
- Hard-up Oxnard thieves have stolen donations for foster children, including stuffed animals.
- Frozen tracks and mechanical failures resulted in Metrolink train delays into downtown's Union Station yesterday.
- A high school band teacher in Santa Ana has been convicted of having sex with her teenage student.