This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- 2 alleged gang members enter not guilty pleas for the Halloween murder of a 5-year-old boy.
- Culver City's City Council is now contemplating a plastic bag ban, following LA County's approval of a ban this week.
- We might have a ton of unemployment, but California has the largest gross state product in the nation.
- Check out NBC's School Pride tonight; it's the first of two episodes set in Los Angeles.
- North Hollywood-Toluca Lake Patch profiles a delicious area kosher bakery. As soon as the sabbath is over, it's cookie time!
- Thanks to lower temps and rainfall, the fire danger in the Angeles National Forest has been lowered.
- He doesn't look a day over...well, it's hard to tell: Mickey Mouse is 82!