This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- An Azusa man was arrested for stealing former Dodger Jimmy Campanis' 1988 Championship ring from his golf bag.
- Low-wage workers held a rally outside City Hall today in protest of employers who cheat them out of their pay.
- A cyclist was critically injured in an OC hit-and-run.
- Find out why the "Disney tattoo guy" is removing all 2,000 of his Disney-themed tattoos.
- A study shows that a boycott of neighboring Arizona in the wake of the immigration law controversy took a serious toll on the state's convention business.
- Life imitates art? Or...? From the LA Weekly: "'Law & Order: Los Angeles' Crew Member Finds Real Gun In Ballona Creek."
- LA Snark suggests checking out the Harvest Beer Festival this weekend.