This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- LA County may consider a library tax to counter the system's "structural deficit."
- The fountains at UCLA were colored a suspiciously USC-colored red. Hmmm.
- The dog day of news continues: 4 show dogs were stolen in Bellflower.
- Police are searching for a UCLA dorm room intruder.
- Remember the band who did the stop-traffic-stunt? Yeah. They're in trouble.
- An 88-year-old man pleads not guilty to shooting his very ill wife in a nursing home.
- Broadway Deli on Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade is closed for good after serving up delicious 'wiches for 20 years.