This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Happy retirement to the last officer standing from the infamous NoHo Bank of America shootout.
- Map Porn: See social media’s influence on the Nov 2 elections.
- Santa Clarita Valley fire chief commits suicide in crowded parking lot.
- Can you hula hoop on a city street while getting naked? This guy can.
- Arnie says 'no problem' to a joint, but 50 lbs of pot is really pushing it.
- Good Magazine's Fall Edition crowdsourced cookbook is accepting submissions..
- Tiki Time: Disney goes Polynesian with Ahmet Zappa film.
- If you really loved me you'd fix the air quality!! EPA gives SoCal a pollution ultimatum.