This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A female pedestrian was struck and killed early this morning in a hit-and-run at Victory and Van Nuys.
- Two North Hollywood-based doctors were arrested Friday for targeting homeless people as part of an insurance scam.
- CSUN's amazing new Performing Arts Center is getting ready to make its debut at the end of January.
- From KTLA: "The body of a woman was found inside a burning car in a parking lot at UC San Diego Friday night."
- Did you see this? Actor Zach Galifianakis lit up a joint while appearing on Bill Maher's HBO show.
- LA Now wants to know what you think about the LA Zoo taking on two elephants from the San Diego Zoo.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.