LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- It appears the dumping of waste by RV dwellers onto public rights of way in Venice is a continuing issue. The latest documentation is on Yo! Venice!
- Abdel Ghani Meskini, the terrorist convicted for his plan to blow up LAX, has a hearing scheduled for Friday because he violated probation..
- Anna Nicole Smith's psychiatrist and boyfriend today were convicted of conspiracy by a jury. The case revolved around prescription drugs, and the doctor who prescribed them was acquitted.
- For a Halloween themed protest, Latino students at Placita Olvera today portrayed Republican gubernatorial candidate as a witch.
- What a lede: "A Cathedral City police officer accused of stripping off his uniform while on duty and jumping into a pool with three women, allegedly sexually assaulting one of them, was charged with multiple counts Thursday by the Riverside County district attorney’s office."
- If urban areas are short for land when it comes to installing solar panels, why not cap freeways with them?
- Health issues in California are not exactly covered as comprehensively as they should be, but the year-old California HealthCare Foundation Center for Health Reporting at USC Annenberg is seeing success.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter (and on new accounts @LAistFood and @LAistSports!), Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.