Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- It appears the dumping of waste by RV dwellers onto public rights of way in Venice is a continuing issue. The latest documentation is on Yo! Venice!
- Abdel Ghani Meskini, the terrorist convicted for his plan to blow up LAX, has a hearing scheduled for Friday because he violated probation..
- Anna Nicole Smith's psychiatrist and boyfriend today were convicted of conspiracy by a jury. The case revolved around prescription drugs, and the doctor who prescribed them was acquitted.
- For a Halloween themed protest, Latino students at Placita Olvera today portrayed Republican gubernatorial candidate as a witch.
- What a lede: "A Cathedral City police officer accused of stripping off his uniform while on duty and jumping into a pool with three women, allegedly sexually assaulting one of them, was charged with multiple counts Thursday by the Riverside County district attorney’s office."
- If urban areas are short for land when it comes to installing solar panels, why not cap freeways with them?
- Health issues in California are not exactly covered as comprehensively as they should be, but the year-old California HealthCare Foundation Center for Health Reporting at USC Annenberg is seeing success.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter (and on new accounts @LAistFood and @LAistSports!), Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.