Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- NPR takes a look at the rebirth of David Alfaro Siqueiros' controversial "America Tropical" mural at Olvera Street.
- In Orange County: An Irvine drugmaker says Botox is a great cure for migraine headaches.
- If Metro digs a tunnel to extend the 710 Freeway, how much will it cost? Opponents say past estimates have been so wildly variable, that they are invalid.
- The city of Bell scandal bite of the day: an initiative to recall three city councilmembers has qualified for the March ballot.
- Say it ain't so: "Paul, the World Cup predicting octopus, dies."
- Talk about a job change! He went from working at L.A. County's public transit agency Metro to helping run a self-proclaimed country in Africa.
- A small brush fire prompted the evacuation of an elementary school in Castaic this afternoon. A firefighter was injured.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter (and on new accounts @LAistFood and @LAistSports!), Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.