LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- RIP: Actress Barbara Billingsley, best known as the TV matriarch June Cleaver, has died. She was 94.
- Some fuel was spilled into the port of Long Beach during the course of a ship-to-ship transfer.
- The police were able to help a kidnapping victim after seeing them be abducted into a car in Studio City and following the vehicle to Glendale.
- A festival in Huntington Beach once again honored murdered surfer Dane Williams.
- Several homeless men and women participated in a ceremony to mark their graduation from a 13-month rehab program.
- Are you celebrating Beer Week? An event at Union Station tomorrow could be a fun way to spend your Sunday.
- Congrats to singer Alicia Keys and her husband on the birth of their first child together, a son they named Egypt.