This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- RIP: Actress Barbara Billingsley, best known as the TV matriarch June Cleaver, has died. She was 94.
- Some fuel was spilled into the port of Long Beach during the course of a ship-to-ship transfer.
- The police were able to help a kidnapping victim after seeing them be abducted into a car in Studio City and following the vehicle to Glendale.
- A festival in Huntington Beach once again honored murdered surfer Dane Williams.
- Several homeless men and women participated in a ceremony to mark their graduation from a 13-month rehab program.
- Are you celebrating Beer Week? An event at Union Station tomorrow could be a fun way to spend your Sunday.
- Congrats to singer Alicia Keys and her husband on the birth of their first child together, a son they named Egypt.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.