This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Abbot Kinney is quite popular these days: parking, valet and food trucks will be a big topic issue at the Venice Neighborhood Council next week.
- Sarah Palin on California: it "has unfortunately become a case study in failed liberal policies."
- Intelligentsia in Pasadena will start serving alcohol tomorrow.
- The White House will be lit in pink tonight to raise awareness about National Breast Cancer Awareness month, but that's nothing compared to what Osteria la Buca is doing on Melrose is doing.
- Can the next attorney general for California delay ruling on Proposition 8? Yes, says UC Irvine Law School Dean Erwin Chemerinsky.
- blogdowntown checks in at their local CrossFit gym, Mean Streets.
- The 60 Freeway today saw anew Westbound car pool lane. A press conference was held against the backdrop of gridlock, but it was caused by an accident, officials said.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.