LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Abbot Kinney is quite popular these days: parking, valet and food trucks will be a big topic issue at the Venice Neighborhood Council next week.
- Sarah Palin on California: it "has unfortunately become a case study in failed liberal policies."
- Intelligentsia in Pasadena will start serving alcohol tomorrow.
- The White House will be lit in pink tonight to raise awareness about National Breast Cancer Awareness month, but that's nothing compared to what Osteria la Buca is doing on Melrose is doing.
- Can the next attorney general for California delay ruling on Proposition 8? Yes, says UC Irvine Law School Dean Erwin Chemerinsky.
- blogdowntown checks in at their local CrossFit gym, Mean Streets.
- The 60 Freeway today saw a new Westbound car pool lane. A press conference was held against the backdrop of gridlock, but it was caused by an accident, officials said.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.