LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Happy 100th Birthday, Daily News! The paper today kicks off a year-long celebration with an article detailing their history, starting with its first iteration as the Van Nuys News.
- Like many cities, Inglewood is also facing a budget crunch and will lay off 27 full time employees.
- One day after a Riverside-based Federal Judge placed an injunction on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," lots of developments and questions.
- Are you happy? Like truly happy? There's a temporary job out there on the internets for a Good Mood Blogger. Pays $5,000 a month for five posts a week. Not bad!
- About that new piece of public art in Beverly Hills on Beverly Drive.
- More AOL Patch Drama, this time in Venice and about crediting wire services.
- Nom nom nom. D-Town Burger on 6th Street in Downtown is opening their second location... on 8th Street in Downtown.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.