LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A $50k reward has been offered to help the LAPD solve the case of a Sylmar birthday parting shooting that wounded six people, including kids.
- While training in Long Beach, a helicopter pilot and his student were injured in a crash at the airport.
- The winning $30M SuperLotto ticket was bought at a 7-Eleven in Thousand Oaks.
- A recent diesel spill at a Castaic truck stop is having more of an environmental impact than initially estimated.
- Find out why a woman who fought off a would-be purse snatcher refused to let go.
- A civilian group is poised to release a new report about the 1970s death of Ruben Salazar.
- Movie biz news: Lions Gate could combine with MGM to save the troubled studio.