LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Spend your money tonight before LA County's new sales tax--yes, 9.75%--goes into effect tomorrow.
- Also tomorrow, new state rules on speed limits go into effect, making it harder for local cities and unincorporated areas to not raise speed limits
- Has the day of the super star blogger arrived? CyberFrequencies, a podcast about how the web and technology are transforming our culture daily, talks with Nikki Finke and Gawker Managing Editor Gabriel Snyder.
- As of 6 p.m., no state budget solution has been found. If the clock strikes 10 p.m. (note, not midnight), $776 million in IOUs to go to counties on Thursday.
- Can you name all the historically designated median and parkway trees in Los Angeles? Study up!
- Farrah Fawcets private funeral services were underway this afternoon at Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels downtown.
- Venice is prepping for Fourth of July festivities such as the 5th Annual Rubber Ducky Race down the canals.
- 89 years later, the 6-foot eagle statue atop the entrance of the Natural History Museum's 1913 building is back after a 1920 earthquake caused damaged.