LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Spend your money tonight before LA County's new sales tax--yes, 9.75%--goes into effect tomorrow.
- Also tomorrow, new state rules on speed limits go into effect, making it harder for local cities and unincorporated areas to not raise speed limits
- Has the day of the super star blogger arrived? CyberFrequencies, a podcast about how the web and technology are transforming our culture daily, talks with Nikki Finke and Gawker Managing Editor Gabriel Snyder.
- As of 6 p.m., no state budget solution has been found. If the clock strikes 10 p.m. (note, not midnight), $776 million in IOUs to go to counties on Thursday.
- Can you name all the historically designated median and parkway trees in Los Angeles? Study up!
- Farrah Fawcets private funeral services were underway this afternoon at Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels downtown.
- Venice is prepping for Fourth of July festivities such as the 5th Annual Rubber Ducky Race down the canals.
- 89 years later, the 6-foot eagle statue atop the entrance of the Natural History Museum's 1913 building is back after a 1920 earthquake caused damaged.