This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Los Angeles Is The Fifth Most Instagrammed Place In The World
Los Angeles made the top five list of the most Instagrammed cities in the world. And this could be the year of the baseball-game selfie, which might explain how Dodger Stadium ended up at the top Instagrammed place in our city.
Travel + Leisure took a look at the most Instagrammed cities and found the biggest hotspots for snapshots in each area. New York topped the list with Times Square, and San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge rounded out the top 10. Chicago's Wrigley Field got some love, too. Here's the full list:
1. New York, New York: Times Square
2. Paris: Eiffel Tower
3. London: Tower Bridge
4. Moscow: Red Square
5. Los Angeles: Dodger Stadium
6. Istanbul: İstiklal Caddesi
7. Sao Paolo, Brazil: Parque Ibirapuera
8. Amsterdam: Vondelpark
9. Barcelona: Park Güell
10. San Francisco: Golden Gate Bridge
11. Saint Petersberg: Nevsky Prospect
12. Chicago, Illinois: Wrigley Field
13. Rome: Colloseum
14. Berlin: East Side Gallery
15. Venice, Italy: Piazzo San Marco
16. Madrid: Estadio Santiago Barnabeu
17. Milan: Milano, Piazza Duomo
18. Las Vegas: Bellagio Las Vegas
19. Bangkok: Siam Paragon
20. Dubai, UAE: The Dubai Mall
In September, Busbud, a website that compares bus tickets around the world, released their own list of the most Instagrammed places in the world. While Disneyland isn't in Los Angeles, the Happiest Place on Earth was the most Instagrammed spot in all of California. We can see why, especially with Instagram accounts like the Man Buns of Disneyland, DILFs of Disneyland and Cats of Disneyland in existence.