This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win Tickets to See Florence & The Machine at the Greek Theatre
If you didn't score tickets to see UK songstress Florence Welch, aka Florence and the Machine, at the Greek Theatre in June, well, for one lucky LAist reader, the "Dog Days Are Over." We are giving away a pair of tickets to see Florence and the Machine live on June 14, the second date of a two-night stop in Los Angeles.
With her widely acclaimed 2009 debut album Lungs still drawing raves, Florence is on the road while her follow-up album has yet to be completed. That's some pretty big pressure--a huge first album is a tough act to follow, even if you're following yourself! That got us thinking about how good a second album can be. To have a chance at winning the tickets, leave a comment on this post telling us which recording artist/band has a kickass "sophomore" album.
Was Radiohead's The Bends superior to Pablo Honey? Does Tha Doggfather beat's beat Snoop's debut Doggystyle? Think Wilco's Being There better than A.M.? You get the idea... Have fun with your submission...though ultimately we're going to pick our winners at random. But you won't win if you don't enter!
Full details for entering are below:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below. Comments not left on this post as entry to the contest will be deleted.
- The criteria of the comment is to tell us what sophomore album is better than the band or singer's debut.
- Qualifying comments can be made using your Disqus, Facebook, or Twiter login. If you use Twitter, you must be following @LAist so that we may contact you by DM. If we cannot reach you, we will select another winner.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Comments will be accepted through Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 8:59:59 a.m.
- One (1) qualifying comment will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail, Facebook (FB email), or Twitter (DM) account connected to their LAist.com profile. The winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 5:00:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 8, 2011 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- A pair of tickets will be held at will call under the winner's name as it is found on their drivers license or state-issued I.D.