Was Coke Removed From the Hotel Room Where Whitney Houston Died?
The long-awaited toxicology reports from the investigation into Whitney Houston's death released today weren't a complete shock. There had been speculation that a cocktail of alcohol and prescription drugs had led to the singer's drowning in a hotel bathtub, since that was what was found in her hotel room. The coroner did find other drugs in her system but said that it was cocaine that contributed to her death. It wasn't a huge surprise that cocaine ultimately lead to Houston's demise since she had struggled with it for years. The only real mystery was why there wasn't any coke found in the Beverly Hills hotel room where Houston died, especially since the coroner said that there was evidence she had used it shortly before she died. Now an anonymous source is telling TMZ that there was cocaine in her room, but someone got rid of it by the time investigators showed up.
The Beverly Hills Police Department said its investigation into Houston's death was ongoing, but they wouldn't tell TMZ whether they were looking into evidence tampering.