This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Uber And Lyft May Be The New Waitressing For Actors
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Working for Uber and Lyft may pretty much be the new waitressing for actors and artists.
- Millions of California's trees have died from drought, bark beetles and devastating forest fires, but what will we do with all these dead trees?
- Vinyl is still alive and kicking. Toronto's public library is opening their 15,000 record collection for a sweet vinyl workshop, teaching everyone everything about records and letting people play them, too.
- We can't get enough of Drake memes, or this cat bobbing its head to "Hotline Bling." Chillsville, USA.
- Because it's hard work changing racist mascots, Adidas is offering to help communities and high schools convert their racist nods to less offensive ones.
- There's a very freaky video of a cruise ship passenger clinging on for dear life before plunging into the ocean.
- California Rep. Tony Cardenas used the renaming of the Van Nuys post office for Marilyn Monroe as the perfect chance to troll Donald Trump.
- A California congressman is planning on introducing a bill that would ban keeping killer whales in captivity.
- Bill Nye takes a serious picture, becomes a seriously funny meme.
- And finally, here's a dog dancing to Toto's "Africa":