This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
The 'Twin Peaks' Revival Has Been Reportedly Canceled [UPDATE]
Update: see below
Sad news, Diane: apparently the Twin Peaks reboot set for next year is as dead as Laura Palmer.
Breaking news out of WonderCon: Showtime has apparently pulled the plug on the new Twin Peaks TV series. No word yet as to why.— The Digital Bits (@thedigitalbits) April 5, 2015
No official word is out, but reports have been leaking out from Wondercon and making its way onto the Internet that Showtime has decided to not go ahead with reviving the cult show. According to Business Insider, the rumors had been brewing, like some damn good coffee, for weeks. Just last month, David Lynch himself told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, "We are still working on a contract."
David contacted cast members today to inform them Showtime pulled the plug.— Twin Peaks Festival 1993-2019 (@TwinPeaksFest) April 5, 2015
And to think, a few out there didn't believe our inside source who said "...and he said there's much difficulty with twin peaks and DL..."— Twin Peaks Archive (@TwinPeaksArchve) April 5, 2015
But hey, there's always hope! Looks like everyone saddened over the news is turning to Netflix in hopes of bringing back the show.
Update [3:45]: David Lynch has said he is no longer working on the project, which might still be alive.
We just received the this message from David Lynch's office:Dear Facebook Friends, David wanted me to pass along the...
Posted by Twin Peaks Festival on Sunday, April 5, 2015
Related: Angelo Badalamenti On The 'Tragic Beauty' Of His Best David Lynch Work
But Yeoh is the first to publicly identify as Asian. We take a look at Oberon's complicated path in Hollywood.
His latest solo exhibition is titled “Flutterluster,” showing at Los Angeles gallery Matter Studio. It features large works that incorporate what Huss describes as a “fluttering line” that he’s been playing with ever since he was a child — going on 50 years.
It's set to open by mid-to-late February.
The new Orange County Museum of Art opens its doors to the public on Oct. 8.
Comic-Con Is Live And In-Person Again And Yes, That Means Cosplayers Are Back. Why They're So ExcitedCosplayers will be holding court once again and taking photos with onlookers at the con.
Sacheen Littlefeather Talks About What Really Happened Before, During And After Rejecting Marlon Brando’s OscarLittlefeather recalls an “incensed” John Wayne having to be restrained from assaulting her and being threatened with arrest if she read the long speech Brando sent with her.