ICYMI: Who Are The Best Guitarists From Los Angeles?
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Munchies has a nice story on Burrito Project LA, an organization spurred from the now-closed vegan eatery Pure Luck that makes vegan burritos and hands them out to homeless folks around Los Angeles.
- Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas got her own Barbie.
- Sexual abuse survivors in India are using Snapchat filters to disguise their faces in confessional videos produced for The Climb Against Sexual Abuse, an organization that aims to encourage survivors to speak out about abuse (and plan hikes).
- L.A. Weekly put together a list of the top 20 guitarists from Los Angeles. You bet your ass Eddie Van Halen takes the top spot.
- Kould Kim Kardashian possibly be writing a kookbook?
- As we gear up for the nominating conventions, here's a look back at some convention fashion from the olden days.
- Speaking of fashion, the San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan announced his retirement today.
- And finally, here's a video of our favorite guitarist from Los Angeles doing the damn thing: