Extra, Extra: Art Critic Says LACMA's Rain Room Is 'Brainless Amusement'
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Willie Nelson's is declaring war on Big Pot.
- Slowing down an Alvin And The Chipmunks album is equally freaky and kind of great.
- L.A. Times art critic Christopher Knight really isn't digging LACMA's "Rain Room," calling it "brainless amusement."
- Ariana Grande gives two Power 106 FM hosts a piece of her mind when they ask her asinine questions about what they think girls mindlessly think about all day.
- Hunger Games fans may be able to make their dystopian dreams a reality with a couple of themed amusement parks possibly in the works.
- G.E.M., the Taylor Swift of China is making moves to be a star in North America. Her first stop? Los Angeles, of course.
- Aw, President Obama is just an ol' softie when it comes to kids.
- There's a mobile, "Hopscotch" opera that takes you on a journey with random people in random limos, going to surprise locations. It's just as wild and crazy as it sounds.
- And finally, Winston the White Corgi stars in Star Wars-themed, "May the Fluff Be With You":