Extra, Extra: Baby Tapirs Are Super Cute
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- E'pack Family Clothing, a discount shop in Echo Park, shut down a few weeks ago. It lives on in this Kurt Vile video though.
- A teenage boy who allegedly tried to sexually assault a woman in North Carolina got a surprise when she bit off his tongue.
- USA Today printed the Hill Valley Edition's top story from today's date, as seen in Back to the Future II. Happy Back to the Future Day!
- A carnivore was hungry. Someone stole between 500 and 750 pounds of premium meat from Del Mar Meats in San Gabriel on Monday night.
- A nerd fight over which is better—Star Wars or World of Warcraft—is perfect for a break from your D&D quest this evening.
- Whoops! An L.A. judge inadvertently brought a grenade to the courthouse today.
- It turns out cats are also well-versed in the art of massage. So relaxing.
- Buffy fans will appreciate this thoughtful take on the show's sparse Halloween episodes. You may remember that the villains in the campy show considered Halloween too campy to cause mayhem on the date.
- Skid Row held an arts festival, and it was pretty cool.
- And finally, have you ever witnessed how cute a baby tapir is?