Extra, Extra: Killing A Spider At A Gas Station With A Lighter Is A Bad Idea
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Those of you who subscribe to Tidal can hear a new Prince song called "FREE URSELF."
- A man at a gas station in Detroit tries to kill a spider using a lighter. It goes about as well as you can imagine.
- Los Angeles has a chef-led alternative rock cover band called Foie Grock. Names that did not get chosen included: Bread Zeppelin, Meatshop Boys, A Flock of Meatballs, Oreo Speedwagon, and Limp Brisket.
- Banksy's Dismaland is coming to an end. The pieces will be dismantled and sent to a refugee camp in France.
- Joe Biden gave an interview in 1974 that paints him in a different light. He loved his wife, who was killed along with their infant daughter in a car crash in 1972, and he wasn't so liberal.
- A Russian man rescued a pregnant dog who was sealed beneath a sidewalk during a sinkhole repair.
- Electroclash darling Peaches will be doing an in-store performance at Amoeba Music in Hollywood on Tuesday.
- Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling, and 35 other female comedians talked to Vulture about whether they would want to be a late-night host. Some thought it would be a "grind."
- And now, here's a dog who thinks magic tricks suck: