This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Two Friends Working At Hospital Find Out They're Sisters
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Two orphaned sisters from South Korea who were separated decades ago found out they were related after becoming friends while working at the same hospital.
- After a wild car chase, a suspected DUI driver told cops that it wasn't him, but his dog who was driving the car. Woof.
- Two "lucky" winners could score an AirBnB sleepover at the Catacombs of Paris (aka the "world's largest grave") on Halloween.
- An intruder learned the hard way about breaking into the home of a woman who just so happens to be trained in medieval combat.
- The newest high-fashion runway trend could be models in whiteface (or clown contouring) with windswept hair.
- Rumors circulated that Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris broke up after he visited a Thai massage parlor. Well, Calvin had something to say about that.
- Gizmodo published an in-depth look at how regulating the marijuana industry could help fix California's water problems.
- A paramedic left her own wedding to help her family after hearing they got in a car accident.
- This headline says it all: "New Study Finds Men Who Harass Women Online Are Literally Losers."
- And finally, here's a supercut of some adorable cats who really want to come inside:
They won't take no for an answer.
Posted by The Dodo on Saturday, October 3, 2015