This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Punishment For Swatting Could Get Worse
- A 31-year-old man was shot and killed by an off-duty cop in South Pasadena.
- The state Assembly approved a bill that would increase the penalties for swatting.
- A California Highway Patrol officer killed while trying to stop his car from being stolen in Vegas was set to be married next month.
- It hailed in the desert.
- A trailer was released for the first film adaptation of David Sedaris' essays.
- Female firefighters in Long Beach will finally get their own bathrooms.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).