Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This


Elementary School Kids Get Sick From Eating Pot Brownie Shared By Classmate

Photo by Patrick Krabeepetcharat via Shutterstock
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.

A group of kids who ate a marijuana-laced brownie brought to school by a classmate ended up in an area hospital after getting sick.

The incident affected about a half dozen six graders at Pomona Elementary School in Costa Mesa, according to City News Service. Costa Mesa Deputy Fire Chief Fred Seguin said one of the kids brought in the pot brownie and had boys and girls at the school give it a taste without telling them what was in it.

One of the students said the brownie tasted funny and asked their classmate what was in it.

According to CBS2, one of the seven students who took ill actually fainted. The kids' complaints included "dizziness and an uneasy feeling," Seguin told NBC Los Angeles.

Support for LAist comes from

The children were taken to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian to be checked out.

School officials are investigating the incident.