DUI Memorial Day Weekend Checkpoints From Thurs-Sun
In an effort to keep LA streets safe during the Memorial Day weekend holiday, the LAPD will conduct the following DUI enforcement activities: Thursday, May 26
- DUI Saturation Patrol in the Olympic Area from 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m
Friday, May 27
- Sobriety Checkpoint on Topanga Canyon Boulevard between Devonshire Street and Chatsworth Street from 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 28
- Sobriety Checkpoint on Laurel Canyon Boulevard at Paxton Street from 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Sobriety Checkpoint on Florence Avenue between Main Street and Broadway 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Sunday, May 29
- DUI Saturation Patrol in Northeast Area from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Per an LAPD News Release:
Memorial Day is a time for the Nation to honor the men and women who have sacrificed their lives while serving in the Armed Forces. Unfortunately, Memorial Day weekend has become an excuse for many to party and drink irresponsibly. As a result, a driver driving under the influence (DUI) is a tremendous public safety concern over the Memorial Day weekend
Dial 911 to report drunk drivers.