DUI Checkpoints for Memorial Day Weekend
It's Memorial Day Weekend which might make one inclined to have an extra cocktail or two to celebrate the three-day weekend. But remember, the LAPD along with 99 other local law enforcement agencies will be heavily patrolling highways and county roads, in addition to setting up checkpoints. There will be a high saturation of officers through Monday throughout the area. As we've said before, we don't publish checkpoint locations to help readers get away with drinking and driving, but rather a reminder to be safe. LAPD's Charlie Beck told LAist that he encourages publishing the checkpoints.
"People having foresight aren't the ones who are committing this crime," he said. "People who are thinking ahead aren't the ones that this checkpoint is likely to catch. I think that the publicity surrounding these things is so important that if you give a couple of locations, that's fine."
So, here are a couple locations. Be safe. Get a DD or call a cab.
Friday, May 23:
- DUI Checkpoint at Central Bureau, 4 PM-12 AM
- DUI Checkpoint at Florence Ave. and Main St., 7 PM-1 AM
- DUI Checkpoint at Highland Ave. and De Longepre Ave. in the Hollywood Area, 8 PM-2 AM
- DUI Checkpoint at Osborne St. at Laurel Canyon Blvd. in the Pacoima Area, 8 PM-2 AM
- DUI Checkpoint at Ventura Blvd. at Big Oak Dr. in Studio City, 8 PM-2 AM
- Added officers in the Central area from 4PM-Midnight
Saturday, May 24:
- DUI Checkpoint at Huntington Dr. at Pueblo Ave. in the Southwest Area, 8 PM-2 AM
- Added officers in the Southwest area from 5PM-1AM