Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

News

Teen Dies After Falling On Drinking Glass In His Bedroom

drinkingglass.jpg
Drinking glass via Shutterstock
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.

A teen in San Diego County died after he fell onto a drinking glass in his bedroom last night.The 15-year-old boy from Chula Vista was with his friends watching YouTube videos that demonstrated how to make yourself lose consciousness, according to KFMB, a local CBS affiliate in San Diego. The boy mimicked what he saw in the video and passed out.

Unfortunately, he landed directly on a glass. The shattered glass punctured his neck, causing him to bleed profusely. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after.

"Nothing good can come out of watching videos like that," Chula Vista police Capt. Gary Wedge told reporters.