Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.

This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.


Teen Kidnapper Stabs Own Baby to Death, is Killed By Deputies

Before you
Dear reader, we're asking you to help us keep local news available for all. Your tax-deductible financial support keeps our stories free to read, instead of hidden behind paywalls. We believe when reliable local reporting is widely available, the entire community benefits. Thank you for investing in your neighborhood.

The 17-year-old father of a 5-month-old son was shot and killed yesterday by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies in Palmdale following an Amber Alert and a violent pursuit. Authorities issued the alert following word the infant was abducted from his caregiver by the suspect, Christopher Earl Glass. The LASD explain that during the initial kidnapping investigation, the suspect contacted the baby's mother by phone and told her he would harm the child, Christopher Earl Glass Jr.

Deputies located the suspect at around 3:35 yesterday afternoon. Glass was in a vehicle with the baby, and appeared to be stabbing the baby as he drove. The authorities attempted to get the suspect to stop, but he did not comply, and a pursuit was initiated. Just minutes into the chase, Glass crashed the car into a building. He got out of the car, and fled on foot, and the deputies continued to pursue him.

The baby, still in the vehicle, and suffering from stab wounds, was taken to the hospital by deputies, however he was pronounced dead upon arrival.

Meanwhile, as Glass attempted to break into a stranger's home, he was shot at by deputies. He successfully entered the home, but, once inside, was fatally shot by deputies.