Pot Cookies Mean Treatment, Not Treat, for 3 OC Kids
A trio of OC boys went to the hospital yesterday after ingesting cookies baked with marijuana, according to ABC7.The three friends, ages 9, 10, and 11, respectively, were given the laced cookies at the home of the eldest boy, where they each consumed one cookie, then went to a nearby park to play. While at the park, they all began to complain of illness, including headaches and confusion, and were all taken to Huntington Beach Hospital for treatment.
One of the parents, the mother of the 10-year-old, says that the cookies were given to the father of her son's 11-year-old friend, and the man knowingly gave the marijuana-laced treats to the kids. Authorities are investigating the events that led to the cookies being served to the kids, though while the kids are out of the hospital and doing well, the mother of the 10-year-old says her son is traumatized: "He feels dirty. He feels like he's done drugs. He is sad and he wants the other boy to still be his friend."