Man Found Passed Out Clutching Nitrous Oxide Cylinder in Parked Car Arrested in La Cañada
An 18-year-old man was arrested this weekend in La Cañada after he was found passed out in a parked car, holding on to a cylinder of nitrous oxide, reports La Cañada-Flintridge Patch. Phillip Augustin Gandara admitted he had been huffing--inhaling the toxic substance--and had passed out.
However, Gandara would not say where he got a hold of the cylinder. He was ultimately arrested for possession of nitrous oxide.
The deputies who found Gandara happened upon the young man because they'd been sent out on a separate call of a report of "a naked man yelling and running around a La Cañada street." That man was taken to the hospital for treatment.