Ricki Lake's Rental House Fire Sparks Lawsuit By Owner
The fire allegedly began when Lake spilled some oil she was using to refill her space heater--something that Lake reportedly admitted to personnel on scene.
In preparing the lawsuit, [homeowner Hovsep] Kousayan reportedly spoke with emergency responders who claim that on the scene, Lake essentially admitted to causing the blaze. And in the panicked 911 call she placed when her couch first went up in flames, Lake is heard telling her children, "Mommy made a mistake."
The fire was ruled as an accident. Kousayan is suing for damages.
Of course, the question remains: Why was Lake using a space heater in a Malibu home--didn't that ramshackle cabin have heat?