Extra, Extra: Katy Perry For The 'Clueless' Musical?
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- LeBron James just dropped $21 million on a modest-looking Brentwood mansion. Curbed LA has some exclusive photos of what it looks like inside.
- Which pop star does Clueless writer/director Amy Heckerling want for the forthcoming musical adaptation? Katy Perry, of course!
- Climate change and drought-like conditions are turning a once-mighty glacier in Yosemite National Park into a mere ice cube.
- Kendrick Lamar crashed a wedding and got down to Whitney and Eddie Money.
- Just in time for the holiday shopping season: you now have to pay for parking at the Topanga mall, and nobody is happy about it.
- Christopher Nolan's breakthrough mystery Memento is getting remade by the same company remaking La dolce vita. Do you think it's because nothing is sacred to them or it's because they don't remember the original version?
- A young cat is resting easy in Indio after being rescued from an irrigation pipe.
- Some celebrity hairstyles look so good, it makes you want to eat them because you have the eating disorder pica.
- It hurts to step on the LEGO bricks. So, a French advertising company has made LEGO-branded slippers designed to protect your feet when you accidentally step on them.
- The Oxford Dictionaries have awarded the Word of the Year to... an emoji. 👀
- They're fake but they're actually real: take a tour of seven phony American cities, built mainly for simulations and training.
- And finally, the San Diego Zoo's pandas were treated to some (fake) snow over the weekend, and it seems like they had some fun: