This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Bird Wars Of Redondo Beach
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Redondo Beach has enlisted the aid of falcons and owls to fight off seagulls and pigeons.
- A man has shared photos of his 2013 proposal to his now wife. He popped the question aboard Disney World's Splash Mountain, coordinating with staff for an epic photo.
- In 2007, Caite Upton was a contestant for Miss Teen USA. She nervously botched a question, and it went viral. She recently revealed that the harassment she received was so horrible and unending, she contemplated taking her own life.
- In Bellingham, Mass., police have created zones where people who are buying/selling things off Craigslist or via other online methods can safely meet and exchange.
- America's new favorite pizza might just be the slices found at Costco.
- A new teaser for Game of Thrones' upcoming sixth season opens with narration from the Three-Eyed Raven, shows a lot of intense shit, and then Bran says, "They have no idea what's going to happen." Hmm.
- Pamela Anderson, now 48, will be the last woman to pose nude for Playboy. She will appear on the cover of the January/February 2016 edition along with a 12-page photo spread and interview with James Franco. Anderson first appeared on the cover of Playboy in 1989.
- Apparently, binge watching television can cause a decline in brain function. Not a shocker, but yes, Netflix, I am still watching.
- And finally, here's a mother polar bear helping her clumsy baby:
Polar bear mum rushes to save her cub after he falls in waterA mother's love in one moment...
Posted by Daily Express on Wednesday, September 23, 2015