Beware of Freeway Lane & Ramp Closures Around the Rose Parade
If you're planning to drive on the 134, 210 or 710 on New Year's Eve or Friday morning, heed Caltrans' warning as there will be various ramp and lane closures occurring due to the Tournament of Roses. Thursday, December 31, 2009 to Friday, January 1, 2010
Glendale Freeway (SR-134)
· 8 p.m. to 11 a.m. - Eastbound Orange Grove Boulevard off-ramp.
· 2 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Westbound Orange Grove Boulevard on-ramp.
Long Beach Freeway (SR- 710)
· 8 p.m. to 12 p.m. - Southbound Del Mar Boulevard off-ramp.
· 8 p.m. to 10 a.m. - Northbound Del Mar Boulevard on-ramp.
· 8 p.m. to 10 a.m. - Northbound California Boulevard on-ramp.
· 8 p.m. to 10 a.m. - All lanes of Pasadena Avenue from Columbia Street to Del Mar Boulevard.
Foothill Freeway (I-210)
Thursday, December 31 to Friday, January 1, 2010
· 8 p.m. to 4 p.m. - East- and westbound Sierra Madre Boulevard off-ramps.
Saturday, January 2 and Sunday, January 3, 2010
· 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. - East- and westbound Sierra Madre Boulevard off-ramps.
And don't forget that on January 1st, a new law goes into affect. The “Move Over/Slow Down” states "that motorists must move over one lane, if safe to do so, or slow down when vehicles with flashing amber lights are active on the side of the road. The law is for the safety and protection of Caltrans road workers, law enforcement personnel, tow truck operators and emergency responders who are working roadside," according to Caltrans.