Extra, Extra: There's A New Documentary About Walt Disney
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A church in Utrecht played Space Oddity in tribute to the late David Bowie using some of the oldest church bells in Europe in their 600-year-old tower.
- A Whittier man crashed his truck into a power pole and fire hydrant in Montebello, which was a pretty bad combo. Luckily, the man stayed in his car until firefighters were able to rescue him.
- Buffalo Bill's home Silence of the Lambs is up for sale. But for some reason, no one seems to want to buy the Layton, Penn. home.
- A marine biologist told KPCC that while his job is cool, it's a job of both poverty and chastity. "Well, who's going to date someone who persistently smells like a thawed haddock with an attitude? Not even a dolphin," he explains.
- Apparently, people in Beverly Hills are spending thousands on Powerball tickets. If you can spend $3,000 on lottery tickets, you probably don't need to win the Powerball, but to each their own.
- Disney fans should check out this new documentary about Walt Disney, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney.
- Here's a cool look back at the now defunct Mount Lowe, once considered the "grandest scenic trip on Earth."
- And now, here's a baby goat in a sweater:
This is a tiny goat in a tiny coat!! Could this be any cuter?#dailydoseofcute
Posted by that's life! on Sunday, January 10, 2016