Extra, Extra: There's A New Documentary About Walt Disney
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A church in Utrecht played Space Oddity in tribute to the late David Bowie using some of the oldest church bells in Europe in their 600-year-old tower.
- A Whittier man crashed his truck into a power pole and fire hydrant in Montebello, which was a pretty bad combo. Luckily, the man stayed in his car until firefighters were able to rescue him.
- Buffalo Bill's home Silence of the Lambs is up for sale. But for some reason, no one seems to want to buy the Layton, Penn. home.
- A marine biologist told KPCC that while his job is cool, it's a job of both poverty and chastity. "Well, who's going to date someone who persistently smells like a thawed haddock with an attitude? Not even a dolphin," he explains.
- Apparently, people in Beverly Hills are spending thousands on Powerball tickets. If you can spend $3,000 on lottery tickets, you probably don't need to win the Powerball, but to each their own.
- Disney fans should check out this new documentary about Walt Disney, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney.
- Here's a cool look back at the now defunct Mount Lowe, once considered the "grandest scenic trip on Earth."
- And now, here's a baby goat in a sweater:
This is a tiny goat in a tiny coat!! Could this be any cuter?#dailydoseofcute
Posted by that's life! on Sunday, January 10, 2016