This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
AM News as Becks' Knee Bruises
- On his blog, Matt Welch often frowns on MLB teams giving huge sums of money to over-30-year-old baseball players (because they're fragile), so when 31-year-old David Beckham hurt his knee today, we thought of Welch cackling from his ivory tower - LA Times
- For the second year in a row there was a fatality at the LA Marathon. This year a 50-year-old bicyclist had a heart attack and died at S. Catalina and Exposition Blvd. - AP
- A stranded motorist who tried to cross the 105 was killed by at least one vehicle, including an MTA bus, yesterday - CBS2
- USAToday.com now has comments and maaaany other improvements - TechCrunch
- Doug Krikorian says that no way did Tommy Lasorda pay $1,500 for a bj as he watched lesbo porn? Why? Because he was a cheap bastard who loves his wife of 50 years - Press-Telegram
- Ken Layne declares that LA's 311 is a Joke - LAT
- Black Snake Moan was a dud in the box (office), only made $4 million over the weekend. Our freaking grandmothers took in $4 million over the weekend - AP
- Windows Vista is cracked. That didn't take long - APC
- All but one of those puppies that were dognapped on video were returned yesterday when one of the thieves turned himself in - AP
- No one won the Mega Millions on Friday so the jackpot for Tuesday's draw is now $340 million, which, if we're not mistaken, was how much we paid to fill up with unleaded the other day - The Merc
AP photo by Jasper Juinen